sports & recreation
- Social Dance: fun Stanford classes and non-credit evening classes taught by the ever-popular Richard Powers. https://socialdance.stanford.edu/
- Athletics Classes: a wide variety are offered each quarter, including gymnastics, kickboxing, weight training for women, sailing, and yoga.
- Stanford Aerobics & Yoga: quarterly step, conditioning, yoga, and pilates classes held in the Hacienda Commons at Rains. Drop-in class fee is $6. http://web.stanford.edu/group/aerobics/
- Stanford Adventure Program: community development, skill acquisition, and leadership opportunities through adventure-based activities and experiential education. https://adventure.stanford.edu/
- Stanford Alpine Club: encourages mountaineering, rock climbing, ice climbing, ski mountaineering, and other alpine pursuits. https://alpineclub.stanford.edu/
- Snowbomb: offers discounts to all the Tahoe ski resorts, including student season passes to Kirkwood at an unbelievable deal. Weekend ski trips make winter a great season. http://www.snowbomb.com/
- The Dish: a great local place for hiking and running. There are two entrances to this Stanford-owned nature preserve on Junipero Serra.