sports & recreation
- Social Dance: fun Stanford classes and non-credit evening classes taught by the ever-popular Richard Powers. http://dance.stanford.edu/
- Athletics Classes: a wide variety are offered each quarter, including gymnastics, kickboxing, weight training for women, sailing, and yoga.
- Stanford Aerobics & Yoga: quarterly step, conditioning, yoga, and pilates classes held in the Hacienda Commons at Rains. Drop-in class fee is $6. http://web.stanford.edu/group/aerobics/
- Stanford Outing Club: an group of people who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking and backpacking. They organize informal outings that all are welcome to attend. http://www.stanford.edu/group/outing/
- Snowbomb: offers discounts to all the Tahoe ski resorts, including student season passes to Kirkwood at an unbelievable deal. Weekend ski trips make winter a great season. http://www.snowbomb.com/
- The Dish: a great local place for hiking and running. There are two entrances to this Stanford-owned nature preserve on Junipero Serra.